Today I want to talk to you about your mindset at work
You may be feeling like you’ll always have a crappy boss. You may think you’ll never figure out your purpose and passions. Maybe it’s taking you too long to find a new job. Your mindset will affect your life more than you know and I’m going to show you how to fix that.
If you change your thoughts about the situation, the situation has to change!
You’ll be able to come up with a lot of excuses why you shouldn’t even bother to try to change your mindset
- My boss will be a bitch no matter what career I go into
- I’m too busy at my current job to do a cover letter for the job I really want
- Nobody likes me
- I just don’t want to work – ANYWHERE
- I make too much money where I am now and I’ll never be able to leave. I’ve heard this called the golden handcuffs.
We spend so much time focusing on the bad and therefore spend no time focusing on the good. You think about work being miserable, you continue to create work being miserable. It’s a vicious cycle.
The emotion of the mindset
There are a lot of emotions that our body goes through when you have a negative mindset. When you think about work or not finding the work you love, you may feel anger, frustration, stress, mad, annoyed. Emotions are just energy-in-motion. Some people find their chest tightens or they get a stomach ache. I find my throat starts to feel like it’s closing up. All of those emotions (energy in motion) are going out into the universe. Think of it like you are writing a prescription – yes, I need more negativity in my life.
Start by making a single statement or an affirmation that you can believe about your working situation. Here are some examples:
- I am in the process of becoming happy in my career
- I’m developing the attitude of a successful happy working woman
- I’m attracting the perfect working scenario for me.
- My purpose and passions are my highest priorities and it’s my time to know them
Memorize your statement!
When the negative thoughts come into your head, say the affirmation to yourself. But it’s not enough to just say it, you must try to feel it as well.
As you say the statement, get into the feeling of positivity. First, imagine how excited a child gets on Christmas Eve or the night before their birthday. Conjure up that emotion. It’s roller coasters for me. I get so excited and happy while waiting in line or the slow climb up that hill. It’s like I know it’s coming and I know it’ll be so great. When I’m excited about something and feeling really positive, I get tingling down my arms and some butterflies in my stomach.
Share your statement with me that you come up with. I’d love to hear it. Remember, the minute the negative mindset starts to creep in go to your positive statement and feel it.
How can I help?
- Work Love Challenge – a free 5 day email mini-course that gives you some quick wins at work https://view.flodesk.com/pages/5fc8d1c1f10e2ddbfb97ba17
- You can check out my other blog posts for other tips and tricks. http://lisapolak.com/blog/